R0 CREW

Hexext - A plugin for extending Hexrays 7.0 via microcode - Now with 32 bit support

I reversed the microcode format on the leaked Hexrays 7.0. But now fuckin 7.2 has leaked so now I have to support that shit too. Anyway, this plugin makes code prettier. It does a bunch of transformations at different phases of decompilation to clean it up, remove gotos, replace bitops, change bitwise lookup tables into comparisons.

The github with the binary releases is here: https://github.com/chrisps/hexext-releases-IDA7.0

It also includes a dumb of my hexx64 ida database as idc, and a pdb file for the plugin so people can check if it does bad shit.

Here’s some comparisons:
before-after

Also it still has some bugs. It supports Hexrays x64 and Hexarm64 right now, I plan on adding support for the 32 bit decompilers once things settle down from the leaks.

6 Likes

Great work! Some people ask. Will you open the source code of the project or will it always be closed?

It’ll be released. It’s very messy right now so I don’t want to put it on Github yet, but if anybody is interested in having the source early along with my research materials (IDB) they can email me at chss95cs@gmail.com

1 Like

The repo has been updated with a new build for ARM64/x86-64. There is also a hexext.dll, as opposed to hexext64.dll which supports 32 bit x86 and arm.

1 Like